Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What does the customer really need?

Several time I read at the newspapers, complaints about services of several sellers or suppliers, which claim that they are customer focus. Several time also, I have my own unpleasant experiences about the quite (or most of the time, is exactly) similar services.

I will tell all of the stories in the separate posting (hmmm it will take dayssss hehehe ...). This time, I only want to share, what my thinking about what the customer really need is.

They (the sellers/suppliers) do respond the complainer by giving them any good and sweet explanations, or even giving them a good benefit as a sign of asking apologies.

Their actions is in-doubt-able what the unsatisfied customer's need, but deeper than that, what I am thinking about is why such complaints is always happened. Again and again. Why these sellers or suppliers never learn from others? Why they prefer to spend extra 'care' money to maintain their customer? May be there are people who will be jobless if there is no more complaint? Or, may be they need a 'specific' department for a better carrier planning in the company (ooopsss ... hehehehe may beeee....)?

I myself, much much prefer to have a good experience in every occasions. NOT a 'bad' experience in an occasion then 'deserve' to receive a 'good' treatment after that. Good current experiences, never have 'bad' experience, is much more better (and I bet, what all customer needs) than a good post experience after a 'bad' one.

Something bad cannot be replaced by something good just like that ... I do not know, may be I am wrong, but serving better and maintain the customer thus they never have a 'bad' experience is much more important than any corrective actions of a 'bad' experience.

But behind all of my unpleasant experiences, I get my own conclusion that it is not the seller's or supplier's systems, it is more because of their person themselves. But of course, the sellers and suppliers keep have the responsibilities to educate their workforce. They have to teach them to behave properly (no need too over behave, proper is enough .... :) ).

The competition goes tougher and tougher, but so many people involved in an organization may be do not have the same understanding and capabilities about maintaining their customer. Some of them may be think that as long as there is still flow of money in today, no need to think what will be happened tomorrow. They forget that what will tomorrow be is caused and built by what we act today. Good people is many, better one is rare, and the best is only one.

Hope we can always have good experiences after all ...

No comments: